Java applets asking for plugin in firefox

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Thu Apr 20 22:46:24 UTC 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:15:30 +0530
Gautham Ganapathy <gauthamglist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have jdk 1.5 built and installed on my system running 6.0-rel.
> However, when I open a page containing an applet in firefox, i get a
> message saying 'Additional plugins are required to display all the
> media on this page'. o found a similar reports on the net, but no
> solutions. anyone know how to get applets working in bsd?

Simplest solution: use Konqueror.  Rather than requiring the Java
plugin, all you have to do is tell Konquerer where your local install
of Java resides, and it will use this when needed.

Such a simple approach.  I don't know why all browsers don't work this
way.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"