FIXED Realplayer plugin not working after portupgrade

Oliver Iberien oliver-forward at charter.net
Thu Apr 6 02:01:37 UTC 2006

It went like this:

Install portdowngrade. I think this is how I did it.

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portdowngrade
make DEFAULT_CVS_SERVER=\”:pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.at.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs\”
clean install

Then

portdowngrade linux-realplayer

will begin the process. Or you can specify the cvs server when invoking
portdowngrade:

portdowngrade -s:pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs1.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs

All that is under the man page for portdowngrade.

portdowngrade then goes through the ports tree in reverse chronological order,
assigning a number to each one, and giving for each a little bit of the port
description that also pops up in freshports.org (if you wanted more detail on
the old versions, look there). Once it gives you the first page of the list,
<spacebar> will give you a second page, <enter> will give you a prompt at
which you enter the number of the version to revert to. Once portdowngrade is
done,

portupgrade -f linux-realplayer

will install the version you specified. The man page concludes "that the next

cvsup

will set the port back to its head revision!"