pkg_add problem

eoghan freebsd at redry.net
Fri Sep 30 07:15:59 PDT 2005

Hello
Im trying to install gnome2 via pkg_add -r since the port install
gave me an error half way through. So when I type:
pkg_add -r gnome2
I get:
Error: FTP Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/
packages-5.3-release/Latest/gnome2.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file
not found, no access)

pkg_add: unable to fetch 'tp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/
packages-5.3-release/Latest/gnome2.tbz' by URL

I can ftp to the freeBSD site but im jut not sure what pkg to get...
any idea why my pkg_add -r doesnt work? (it seems to be the same for
any pkg i try to add)
Im using 5.3
Thanks
Eoghan