hint.apic.0.disabled

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at enderunix.org
Mon Sep 26 22:33:45 PDT 2005

Sorry for that. I have missed it. Should be more careful before emailing to
a mailing list ;)

I also mixed loader.conf manual page with acpi manual page.

Lowell Gilbert writes:

> Omer Faruk Sen <ofsen at enderunix.org> writes:
>
>> Hi, It seems that there is a conflict in manual pages. Or I am missing
>> something. In manual page of loader.conf it is stated to add
>> hint.apic.0.disabled="1" to disable acpi totally. But also in
>> device.hints manual page it is stated to add hint.apic.0.disabled="1"
>> line to disable acpi. Which one is the true one? To add to
>> device.hints or loader.conf file. Best Regards. -----------------------
>
> Please note that apic and acpi are very different things.  You
> seem to be confusing them.
>
> loader.conf(5) doesn't mention either one on my 5-STABLE system.
> The example in device.hints is for acpi.  But there is
> considerably more information about acpi in the acpi(4) man page,
> with a lot of loader.conf tunables you can set regarding acpi.
> One of them will disable it completely, but the syntax is
> different than you would use in device.hints.
>
> Also note that there is a whole chapter on "Using and Debugging
> FreeBSD ACPI" in the FreeBSD Handbook.

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG
Software Development Team @ Turkey
http://www.Faruk.NET
For Public key: http://www.enderunix.org/ofsen/ofsen.asc

First Turkish Qmail book is out! Go check it.
Duydunuz mu! Turkiye'nin ilk Qmail kitabi cikti.
http://www.acikakademi.com/catalog/qmail/