IE in FreeBSD?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Sep 22 23:51:44 PDT 2005

You missed the point.  American recruiting firms get money for finding people
to fill positions in America.  They do not (with rare exceptions) get money
for finding people to fill positions in India or China.

Microsoft (according to the article) is actively outsourcing to those locations.
Thus their new positions they want people for are not going to be filled by
American search firms (with rare exceptions)  They are going to be filled
by Chinese and Indian search firms.

It is illogical for an American search firm to be sending money to a company
that is actively working to NOT have to ever need their services.  Every dollar
that an American search firm spends on a Microsoft product simply helps
Microsoft to dry up the pool of positions and send them overseas that much
faster.  In short, the search firms are helping to fund their own demise.

The situation is analogous to General Motors buying a bunch of Ford cars
for their fleet sales reps. to use to drive around to their accounts, because
the person at GM doing the purchase finds that the Ford cars are easier
to drive.  Do you get it now?

Ted