gmake can't find Makefile

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 09:17:05 PDT 2005

Hello,
    I've created my first port. It depended on another port, which i
uninstalled first, then tried an install of mine. I issued a
make install
which pulled in the dependent port and installed it. When it returned to the
build of my port gmake failed with an error code2, can not find Makefile and
it stopped. I've confirmed that my Makefile is there, portlint shows no
errors in it. Compiling the package out of it's tarballform requires gmake
for the make and make install process so in my makefile i defined:
USE_GMAKE=yes
variable.
Any advice?
Thanks.