Install GRUB for FreeBSD

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Sun Sep 18 20:51:33 PDT 2005

Micah <micahjon at ywave.com> writes:

> In order for grub to work as a menu, it requires a stage 2 loader
> that resides somewhere on your hardrive outside of the MBR.  It's my
> understanding that grub was too big to fit just in the MBR and that
> necessitated this arrangement.  If you don't mind manually typing in

Yeah, but I definitely remember that Grub installs stuff on other
sectors of the first track, probably staring with the second sector.
So it should be able to store the menu stuff there too, but I don't
know if it actual can (I also had it using the menu file in
/boot/boot/grub, I think it was for some odd reason).