portsnap segmentation fault

martin hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Sat Sep 17 14:15:30 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 02:56:11PM -0600 or thereabouts, Pat Maddox wrote:
> When I run portsnap update, I get the following error after it
> extracts the files:
> Building new INDEX files... Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> This is occuring on three different machines, so I'm guessing it's a
> problem with portsnap, not my one machine. But they all have similar
> configurations, so it could be my setup, I don't know.
>
> Any ideas what's going on?

  You are probably correct in your guess.

  Colin Percival commited fix and update to portsnap (current version is
  0.9.5) today, which fixes make index coredumping when encounter a
  circular dependency is made.

  So upgrade your portsnap installation and I hope it will solve your
  problem.

  	Cheers,
	Martin

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin at aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"