Unable to Install kde3 (meta port)

Michael L. Squires mikes at siralan.org
Thu Sep 15 16:27:20 PDT 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Gerard Seibert wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD 5.4. This is a new installation.
>
> I am unable to get kde3 (meta port) installed. It hangs after almost a day of
> compiling.
>
> (cd /usr/ports/print/cmpsfont/work/cmpsfont/pfb; /usr/local/bin/type1inst
> -nolog)
> *** Error code 127

Link /usr/local/bin/perl to /usr/bin/perl (ln -s /usr/local/bin/perl
/usr/bin/perl); type1inst assumes that /usr/bin/perl exists which is not
true, at least for 5.4-STABLE, when rebuilding KDE3.

(I'm responding to this since I ran into the same problem, but didn't find
an answer in Google or by scanning the ports and ports-bugs mailing
lists.)

Mike Squires
UN*X at home
since 1986