Recommendations on Proliant DL-360 server with FreeBSD?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Sep 9 09:24:23 PDT 2005

Your not going to find much because when people don't have problems
with something they generally don't post about it.  Also, there's a
couple different hardware configurations for the DL360, that model
number is kind of a catchall.

The biggest complaint about these is with the SCSI RAID controller
there is lack of software for online management of the array - if
a disk dies your pretty much stuck at looking at the lights on the
front of the box to tell you that one's dead.

HP did write a raid management utility for these for Red Hat linux
perhaps if you went to HP and waved a lot of cash for a large purchase
of these servers around they might be convinced to release the
source code for that driver for it to be ported over.

I take it you have checked out http://www.testdrive.hp.com/

Ted