Problems to setup one PCI SCSI Card? Freebsd 5.4-p6

perikillo perikillo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 23:40:06 PDT 2005

  Hi people i need to install one SCSI PCI card, the chip is support
by freebsd 5.4 hardware using the driver ahc:

 Chip 26160N Adaptec

  I read the man pages for the driver ahc(4), and say this:

SYNOPSIS
     For one or more VL/EISA cards:
     device eisa
     device ahc

     For one or more PCI cards:
     device pci
     device ahc

     To allow PCI adapters to use memory mapped I/O if enabled:
     options AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO

     To configure one or more controllers to assume the target role:
     options AHC_TMODE_ENABLE <bitmask of units>

     For one or more SCSI busses:
     device scbus

  But i dosent understand what options i need in my kernel config
file, i have by default

device eisa
device pci

   Them i add

device ahc
options AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO

  And them "make" give me error code 1, i remove options
AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO  and give me again errors, my motherboard dosent have
any internal SCSI stuff.

   This why im here trying to know wich options i need in my kernel
file to add this SCSI card and wich more are available for it...?

  I need to test this card because iam going to setup one backup
system, i need to setup the card first on my BIOS...?

  Freebsd 5.4-p6
  Adaptec 26160N PCI

   Thanks in advanced!!!