Basic Port Management.Is there any?

George Katsanos gkatsanos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 01:03:12 PST 2005

Hello ! ,

As a fresh Freebsd user[and fan] I am trying to set up my WM / X environment
and choose the apps I will use for basic stuff.
Text Editors , Image viewers , Mail apps , FileManagers.

So after I see some screenshots [it would be very nice and handy if some
screenshots could be added to the freebsd.org/ports database] I'm making
install the port to check it out. Some times , I decided that I don't like
it . So my first though is to get rid of it , cause I don't want ''trash''
on my system.
I'm making deinstall [or pkg_delete] to remove it. Everything ok so far ,
but what about the one zillion dependant pkg's the app made?
You can say , do a pkg_delete -r . Yes but this will may delete also pkgs
that are Needed by other ports/apps..

Is there any good plan solution for this ?...