Mounting an iPod

James Seward jamesoff at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 14:36:45 PDT 2005

On 10/29/05, edward <kouye at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> The iPod uses an HFS+ file system. It's been loaded from a Mac.
> I would like to mount it to /mnt/ipod

A quick Google suggests you can try
http://people.freebsd.org/~yar/hfs/ to add HFS support to FreeBSD,
otherwise you're going to have to reformat your iPod for Windows and
then mount it as FAT.

I then added this line:
/dev/da0s2              /ipod           msdos   rw,noauto       0       0

to my fstab, and wrote myself a little ipod script I can use to mount
and umount/eject it.

To mount it it just mounts /ipod, and to eject it, i umounts /ipod and
then calls camcontrol eject on the right device ID to eject it (so the
iPod stops thinking it's connected).

I can offer further assistance with the 2nd half but not the 1st half of this :)

/JMS