finding the correct man page ???

ke.han ke.han at redstarling.com
Thu Oct 27 00:22:03 PDT 2005

Hello list,
I am  working on configuring a new system and have run across maillist
comments such as:

"The comment in GENERIC is not accurate, the bge driver supports 5721
based cards for a couple of month now (the manpage in RELENG_5 is correct)."

The problem is, which man page? There are so many man pages, I rarely
know how to find what I'm looking for.  The whatis command does no good
for this sort of search.  Since I'm still pretty new to things, is there
some searching mechanism or naming structure I'm not clued into?

thanks, ke han