switch to/from Daylight savings doesn't happen

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 25 17:43:32 PDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:00 am, Prakash GP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FreeBSD 4.5 doesn't seem to auto-switch to/from DST at the
> right time.
>
> ----------%<----------%<----------%<----------%<----------%<--
>--------
>
> # setenv TZ :/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles

It would seem that the use of the TZ environment variable is
somewhat deprecated.

I suggest you get rid of it, and then use 'tzsetup' to set your
time zone. This is menu driven -- doesn't require command line
arguments.

Apart from the choice of UTC or wall time for your CMOS clock,
I believe the equivalent result can be achieved by copying
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles to /etc/localtime.

Malcolm Kay