last attempt to run mixxx (segfault, lalala)

Linnea Forslund supermoccine at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:13:30 PDT 2005

I've been posting about it before, but now, before i give it all up I
thought I'll give it one last try and drop an e-mail. Who knows, maybe
it really _will_ work out.

So after getting cvsup, installing it, getting a nice source tree and
a new driver for my graphics card it was supposed to work only it
didn't. Now it doesn't even start in a crappy way (as it did before
with visuals at 1).

With visuals at 1 I get this segfault:

> mixxx
Debug: Starting up...
Debug: MidiObjectOSS: No MIDI devices available.
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Debug: playlist name Default
Debug: id 0, sr 8000, ch 2, bufsize 16, bufno 400
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

and with visuals at 0 i get it without those

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

The way I got it before.

The driver has

Load  "glx"

in its configuration file.