OpenOffice + movie/sound requires "Java JRE".....which port is this?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 01:36:25 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm running OpenOffice.Org-2.0-RC1 (from package),
on a FreeBSD 5-Stable system.

With this new release, I can include movie/sound
in a presentation. But when I insert an mpeg file,
a popup window appears with:

  OpenOffice.org requires a Java runtime environment
  (JRE) to perform this task. Please install a JRE
  and restart OpenOffice.org.

There is a port: /usr/ports/java/jre,
but this does not install, because it fails on
compat3x-i386-5.0.20020925:

 compat3x-i386-5.0.20020925 is forbidden:
 FreeBSD-SA-03:05.xdr, FreeBSD-SA-03:08.realpath
 - not fixed / no lib available.
 *** Error code 1

What can I do to make OpenOffice do the
movie/sound task?

Oh, and any idea why OpenOffice.org needs java/jre
to play the movies? I have mplayer etc. on my
system, but that is seemingly not good enough for
OpenOffice.

Thanks,
Rob.