wine, freebsd, starcraft

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Tue Oct 18 00:54:59 PDT 2005

darren at chatcanada.net wrote:

>on a recent kernel build,  5.4 stable oct 1st.  xorg-6.8.2
>nvidia-driver-1.0.7676 wine-20050930.  runs notepad.exe just fine,  when I
>give it a cd which is an iso linked to md0 (I don't keep a cd drive in
>this computer).  wine d:\\install.exe on the starcraft cd, it brings up a
>window, I hear choppy audio, and never get any type of graphic what so
>ever, just a frozen window. Anyone know why?  I think it might have
>something to do with graphic acceleration.
>
>-Darren

You might want to try to install starcraft on a windows machina, copy
the starcraft directory ( C:\Program Files\Starcraft\  if that is the
installed path ) to your FreeBSD machine and run the game with wine. You
probably will need some sort of no-cd patch for this solution.

Good luck

--
-Frank Staals