Making FreeBSD 5.4-Release to FreeBSD 5.4-stable

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 10:06:51 PDT 2005

I have been to the below link

ftp://snapshots.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/

I cant understand that should I just copy and them in my FreeBSD 5.4 or waht to do..
I have also been in http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

even then I cant understand, should I use cvsup with that relaseor stable tag, there after should I recompile my kernel or rebuild, thats the reason Iam asking, ist not that I am not taking effort but its not put in easy way...

If you can help me that would be nice, else no worries :)

Cheers,
Deepak Naidu

"Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01 at gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday 17 October 2005 08:57, you wrote:
> I have tried nothing, so thats the reason I have posted here.

My recomendation is you make some effort to help yourself,
then if you get stuck try asking again and do provide details
of what you have tried.

-Mike