.wma music files

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sun Oct 16 20:11:43 PDT 2005

John Oxley wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 12:14:35AM +1000, Warren wrote:
>
>>im runnign FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE with XMMS mp3 player and out of curiosity, why
>>is it that windows media vid files can be played on FreeBSD, but the music
>>files cant?
>

> Install /usr/ports/audio/xmms-wma

I recently installed this and it does not seem to work for me.  I have
copied some files from a WinXP machine (using mount_smb)... when I try
to listen to them... I just get about a half second of noise.  Not
really static... and definitely not music.  Just a strange noise.
Different noise for each song I try and the same song always ganerates
the same noise.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,