cdrecord vs. burncd

Frederico Franzosi ffranzosi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 10:03:57 PDT 2005

Hi...
I used to be a debian user and I'm recently migrating to FreeBSD...
One thing that I am still having problems is with the cd recording.
I tried to use burncd to record an audio CD but it seems to eat some
of my media space since it wasn't able to record a 62 minutes CD with
a 80 minutes media.

I've been trying to use cdrecord too, but since I can't discover how
to use de correct bus (look at the output of '#cdrecord -scanbus'
right below), I couldn't test it yet!!! Do I have to include a special
module to kernel in order to use cdrecord??

root at coveiro# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-unknown-freebsd5.4) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
J\uffffrg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Open of /dev/xpt0 failed. Cannot
open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.