interesting past 4 hours...

Glyn Millington glyn at millingtons.org
Sat Oct 15 01:35:36 PDT 2005

Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> writes:

> 	I'll give xfce a try.  Again.  I  played with it months ago
> 	but gave up on it after a few days.  Can I run all KDE-ware
> 	and Gnome suites too?

Hi Gary,

I'm running Xfce4 over here on Slackware, and there are no problems
firing up KDE apps as needed.

A neat thing if you have python aboard is the MenuMaker script

http://menumaker.sourceforge.net/

,----
| MenuMaker is utility written entirely in Python that scans through the
| system for installed programs and generates menu for specified X window
| manager. It is by far more superior to existing solutions in terms of
| knowledge base size, maintainability and extensibility, and has a number
| of features that have no counterparts in its class. MenuMaker is intended
| for users of lightweight *NIX graphical desktop environments.
`----

But it will scoop up all your KDE and Gnome apps too :-)  It certainly
beats churning out menus by hand!  It works with Fluxbox, openbox, Icewm,
Windowmaker, Xfce and Xfce4...

Good luck

Glyn