Subversion on FreeBSD?

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Mon Oct 10 05:22:02 PDT 2005

Yuan Jue wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is there a subversion system for FreeBSD sourcecode? Or there is only CVS to
> control the source code? Does that mean that subversion is not stable enough
> to take this big job?

If you were evaluating Subversion then it is stable enough to handle big
projects.  Off the top of my head, Samba and several Apache projects use
Subversion.  I think what stops most people switching to it is usually
the migration rather than the package ourself.  When we migrated from
Visual Source Shredder to SVN we gave up and abandoned the history (just
re-imported the files), but for some projects that might not be viable.

Ashley