burning multisession cd's and bootable windows isos

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Thu Oct 6 09:55:13 PDT 2005

Hello,
I've got two questions on burning cdr/cdrw disks. I'm using freebsd 5.4-p6
and using cdrtools for cdr/rw and dvd+rw-tools for dvdr/rw burning.
    My first question has to do with multisession disk burning, burn some,
take it out, go back later and write more to the disk until it's full. I've
not been able to make this work with either cd's or dvd's and would
appreciate a tutorial or howto on multisession burning.
    My second question regards burning a windows xp disk under bsd. I've got
one, a vanilla xp pro disk and i want to slipstream it. I copy the files
from the disk to my windows hard disk, slipstream them with servicepack two
plus some additional hardware drivers, now i've got an xpsp2+drivers
installation tree. I copy that over to a network share, log on to my bsd
machine, and i have no idea on how to use mkisofs to make a bootable iso to
burn to disk. I've tried just making an iso of the installtree and burning
that with cdrecord, made some coasters that's about it. My goal is to have a
bootable disk thag acts just like the original vanilla xp disk, boots right
in to the install and so forth.
    Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.