i would like to recover data from my vinum partition

Milo search.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 01:30:17 PDT 2005

I broke my system (did make world with RELENG_5_4 while running 4.10) and I
was running
mirrored /usr partitions with vinum using ad0 and ad2. This morning I didn't
have time to setup vinum and installed 5.4 from cd onto ad0 as usual.

How can I see the data on my vinum drive (ad2) using mount? Other methods
you know of to access the drive to see if I can recover any data?

I tried mounting but only get "incorrect super block" error.
root# mount -t ufs /dev/ad2s1e /mnt/ad2
mount: /dev/ad2s1e on /mnt/ad2: incorrect super block

I also tried changing the fstype from "vinum" to "4.2BSD" using bsdlabel but
no such luck.
root# bsdlabel ad2s1
# /dev/ad2s1:
8 partitions:
# size offset fstype [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
c: 241248042 0 unused 0 0 # "raw" part, don't edit
e: 233815971 0 vinum
f: 7432071 233815971 4.2BSD 2048 16384 89

Suggestions greatly appreciated. I searched the lists and google but could
not find the answer.

Milan