Flash PLugin for FireFox

Warren shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Sun Oct 2 04:43:45 PDT 2005

> I don't have any problem with these 2 sites. Maybe
> it's your Java plugin that messes things up. Try
> disabling it for a while (just comment out lines
> in the java section in libmap.conf). I think 1.5.0
> can still be very unstable.

Up untill i installed the flash plugin my broswer was running completly
stable, it has only since the installation of flash become unstable, which
unf seems to be the case since i been trying to use flash since i ran FreeBSD
4.9-STABLE and as yet not been able to get a plugin that dosent cause my
browser to become unstable.

> As for running under root, I didn't mean in the
> root login environment. Just startx as a user
> then open xterm, type "su" (not "su -" or
> "su - root"), enter pass and try firefox.

Below is using xterm in root

warren# firefox
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

(firefox-bin:75731): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
nsStringStats
 => mAllocCount: 1
 => mReallocCount: 0
 => mFreeCount: 0