Flash PLugin for FireFox

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 04:23:16 PDT 2005

On 10/2/05, Warren <shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com> wrote:
> > Interesting...
> >
> > Please, send me some links which behave badly.
> >
> > >From the output of firefox it feels like the problem
> >
> > is with permissions or something like that. Try
> > running firefox under root, please.
>
> http://www.hattrick.org
>
> Http://www.neopets.com
>
> Basically any website that has flash. It may work in the beggining, but when a
> refresh or move to another page that also has flash and it often simply force
> closes itself.
>
> <running firefox as root>
> warren# firefox
> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
>
> (firefox-bin:74966): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
> nsStringStats
>  => mAllocCount: 1
>  => mReallocCount: 0
>  => mFreeCount: 0
>  => mShareCount: 0
>  => mAdoptCount: 0
>  => mAdoptFreeCount: 0
>
> --
> Yours Sincerely
> Shinjii
> http://www.shinji.nq.nu

I don't have any problem with these 2 sites. Maybe
it's your Java plugin that messes things up. Try
disabling it for a while (just comment out lines
in the java section in libmap.conf). I think 1.5.0
can still be very unstable.

As for running under root, I didn't mean in the
root login environment. Just startx as a user
then open xterm, type "su" (not "su -" or
"su - root"), enter pass and try firefox.