Regarding "whi"

Uncle Deejy-Pooh deejy-pooh at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 22 21:39:55 GMT 2005

As someone who re-installs FreeBSD @ 3 times a day ( ALL due to me trashing
it, no fault of the O/S ), I advise installing the LOT. EVERYTHING. That way,
you'll get away with three changes ( or it may be two ? ).

>Message: 31
>Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:10:46 -0500
>From: "Timothy Radigan" <tradigan at newrevolutions.net>
>Subject: RE: whi?
>To: <kresimirmirkovic at net.hr>,  <freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.org>

>That's because you selected packages to install that were located on the 2nd
>CD.  If you have an internet connection, I would just install the Ports tree
>and after the initial installation is complete, install the applications
>through the ports and download the sources as you need them.  It's a lot
>easier that way instead of switching the CD 1000 times.

 I may be guilty of mis-reading this, but the thought of downloading @
compiling anything of any complexity fills me with horror !?!? By the time
KDE is ready to use, you'd have lost the will to live !

	Regards, Deej