FreeBSD 6.0 + JDK = production ready?

Carlos A. Carnero Delgado carloscarnero at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 22:08:03 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have been testing release 6 and IMHO, it is definitely one of the
best releases ever! Congratulations to the FreeBSD team!

Now, I have a question. I'd like to provide support for an in-house
web application which was written using server side Java technologies
(servlets + JSP.) Currently, the application authors have tested it
and support it against both the latest JDK 1.4 and the "new" JDK 5.0
on Linux and Windows.

Under FreeBSD, which JDK would be the most "production ready", JDK 1.4 or JDK 5?

Best regards,
Carlos.
--
<nick> grah windows just crashed again, unstable crap.
<yukito> Windows isn't unstable, it's just spontaneous.