postgresql80-server port broken?

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Sat Nov 19 21:00:21 GMT 2005

FreeBSD-ers,

I've been trying to get the postgresql80-server port to
work/install/anything (and actually I need to get the postgis port
working) with no success. Following the in(de)structions to install the
port (fbsd6):

MD5 (postgresql/postgresql-base-8.0.4.tar.bz2)

bobby# cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql80-server
bobby# make install

... blah, blah, blah...

then

bobby# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh initdb
The program "postgres" was found by "/usr/local/bin/initdb"
but was not the same version as initdb.
Check your installation.
bobby#

I've attempted to deinstall, reinstall, repeat until I'm blue in the face
(sign of insanity?). Has anyone gotten pgsql80 to install and work
properly under FreeBSD 6.0 (amd64)?

Is this something I'm (not)doing or is the port broken?

Jeff.

--
Jeff D. Hamann
Forest Informatics, Inc.