New Logo

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue Nov 1 15:48:12 PST 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Danny Pansters wrote:

> On Tuesday 1 November 2005 22:22, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>
>> On Nov 1, 2005, at 3:15 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>>
>>> Of course not.  You got what you deserved though so shut the hell
>>> up.
>>>

>> Ted, you need to shut the hell up.  FreeBSD is not your project and
>>

> It's not yours either.

And I am not trying to argue and make claims about how inexcusable it
is either.  I merely pointed out to Ted that he is not in the FreeBSD
project and therefore does not have say.  If he wants one, and cannot
get admitted to the project, he can make his own project.

> That's no reason to discard one's opinion, especially
> if that person arguably has the same stake/interest/influence as
> you do.

I am not trying to defend the new logo or beastie or anything as it
is not my project and we have been through this 10000000000 times
already.  It is not our decision.

I personally find the new logo stupid, I think beastie is a great
mascot, and we need a new logo for FreeBSD.  But bitching and
complaining and telling people to shut the hell up is not the way to
do it and Ted needs to stop behaving as if were someone important.

best regards
Chad