Top Posting (was: [Freebsd 5.4 not finding my NIC])

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Sat May 28 09:36:56 PDT 2005

> hay enough of this BS about top posting.  You have to wake up to the
> fact there are many people who belong to this list who are not UNIX
> bigots.

No top posting has been the rule for the list for a long time - since
the beginning as far as I know.    The rule has nothing to do with UNIX.

It is completely about being able to have a reasonable exchange of
information.   The list postings are conversational if they have more
than one response and they often have many.   Several people created
cute little demonstrations of what it is like to read upside down
conversations.  It tends to discourage those with real knowledge, but
too much real work to do to waste their time and energy deciphering
non-sequential conversations, to contribute their useful information.

>   Us win/outlook people have just as much right to post as the
> rest of you. And more to the point who the hell pointed this new
> comer of just 10 days (vizion) as the cop to be forcing his slanted
> views on the rest of us. To vizion aren't you suppose to be sailing
> your boat right now bound for Europe via Panama Canal. Only thing
> you have contributed is more background noise. This list was better
> with out you. so concentrate on your sailing before you get lost and
> need government help to save you from perishing at seas.

As I say, no top posting was not his idea.  He has just learned it
from those with more experience on this list.   Hope you will catch
up eventually.   Get with it!

////jerry