Mysql vs /var partition...

Joe Wood dot.sn1tch at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:57:39 PDT 2005

I'm not entirely sure if this was mentioned already but it's worth a look.
Usually as a rule of thumb, as soon as I complete an installation of mysql I
do the following...note that mysql is indeed running during this procedure:

cd /var/db
mv mysql /usr/local/
ln -s /usr/local/mysql mysql

Then I changed the permissions.