5.3->5.4 upgrade method

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Thu May 26 12:41:43 PDT 2005

Ok, I've settled on upgrading to 5.4 (from 5.4 RELEASE) but I can't
find an explicit statement that performing such an upgrade with
cvsup/buildworld/buildkernel, etc. would be ok.  No kernel config
gotchas mentioned either.  Of course it seems implied that this would
be a perfectly fine way to do the upgrade.

Has anyone else used this upgrade method going from 5.3 to 5.4?
Any caveats on the kernel config?

Thanks
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

It's not hard to admit errors that are [only] cosmetically wrong.
    -- J.K. Galbraith