Compatible DVD burners for AMD-64 version of FreeBSD 5.4?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Wed May 25 08:35:02 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 04:29:56PM +0200, Olaf Greve wrote:
<snip>
> One of the (hardware-wise) things I need to solve before being able to
> actually get it, is which DVD burner (for back-ups, etc.) I can best
> install in it.
<snip>
> Does anyone have any experience with this particular combination and/or
> can anyone perhaps recommend me some other good alternatives for the
> AMD-64 version of FreeBSD 5.4?

Over the years Plextor CD and DVD rewriters have served me well. That's
why I chose a PX-712A for my amd64 system. It works flawlessly with
cdrecord and growisofs via the CAM SCSI subsystem.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt