Compatible DVD burners for AMD-64 version of FreeBSD 5.4?

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at goinet.com
Wed May 25 09:34:19 PDT 2005

My understanding is that any burner will show up and give you a block
device, rather it's the authoring software that has the burden to
recognize the burner for what it really is, and make full use of it.

That said, what authoring software are you intending to use?  I've had
lots of luck in the past using K3B.  Are you going old sk00l and using
mkisofs? ;)

Tony