how can I make xterm just like the console ? (colors, etc.)

Joe Schmoe non_secure at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 00:10:14 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am used to using the console for things like bitchx,
nethack, etc.

Now I have started using Xorg in 5.4-RELEASE (with the
ion window manager).  I notice that the xterm program
comes up with black text on a white background, and
that colors in BitchX, etc., are not the same as they
were in the console.

Can someone tell me what configuration I need to make
the colors (and as much other behavior as possible) in
xterm identical to the normal FreeBSD console ?

thanks.