how can I make xterm just like the console ? (colors, etc.)

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Tue May 24 08:22:45 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 12:10:12AM -0700, Joe Schmoe wrote:

> Can someone tell me what configuration I need to make
> the colors (and as much other behavior as possible) in
> xterm identical to the normal FreeBSD console ?

Edit the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color-static, and
change

! Uncomment this for "white" text on a dark background.
!*VT100*foreground: gray90
!*VT100*background: black

! Uncomment this for "white" text on a dark background.
*VT100*foreground: gray90
*VT100*background: black

Beware that these might be changed next time you update Xorg. So as an
alternative, you can create a file ~/.Xresources, and put these two
lines in it.

HTH,
     Roland
--