The availability of socketbits.h?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed May 18 02:25:05 PDT 2005

On 2005-05-18 11:27, Xu Qiang <Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com> wrote:
>Dan Nelson wrote:
>> That for loop should really read:
>>
>>   for(i=0; i<command_count; i++) {
>>
>> , since command_count should already be set to COUNTOF(command_list)
>> by a previous call to command_init().
>
> Thank you, Dan. Your fix works!
>
> Still, I wonder why the fix of Giorgos doesn't work, because it seems
> quite right to me, too.

If you refer to the addition of a zero-filled entry at the end of the
array, it's not a fix.  Just a description of what the buggy loop seems
to expect.  The rest of the program works differently, so it definitely
won't work as a "fix".

> (Btw, I can't understand why this software has so many bugs to be
> fixed before it can be compiled and run successfully. The developers
> don't check their product before shipping out?

Obviously, no.  They should be hit hard on the head with a copy of
"Extreme Programming Explained" :P