Apache libraries/modules

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue May 17 20:25:26 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am running Apache/moddssl/php a 5.3 RELENG server. I build the
distribution by hand from the source: everything installed in
/usr/local/apache

For simplicity/compatibility/upgradability, I want to switch to the
ports. But when I try to run the new apache, it always looks for the
modules in /usr/local/apache/libexec/apache instead of the expected
/usr/local/libexec/apache

I build apache13-modssl with:

# nice make WITH_APACHE_SUEXEC=yes APACHE_SUEXEC_CALLER=httpd APACHE_SUEXEC_DOCROOT=/usr/local/apache/sites APACHE_SUEXEC_UIDMIN=80 APACHE_SUEXEC_GIDMIN=30 PREFIX=/usr/local PORTDIR=/usr/local

No problem so far, then I try to:

# work/apache_1.3.33/src/httpd -t -DSSL
Syntax error on line 38 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so into server: Cannot open "/usr/local/apache/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so"
# ls /usr/local/libexec/apache
httpd.exp               mod_cgi.so              mod_mime_magic.so
libphp4.so              mod_define.so           mod_mmap_static.so
libproxy.so             mod_digest.so           mod_negotiation.so
[...]

I beleive it is something with the order of the libraries but I don't
know where to go from here.

TIA

Olivier