Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue May 17 11:01:37 PDT 2005

Matt Crossley wrote:
> Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:
>
>> That didn't really work :(
>> Any other suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>>
> I'm using mine just fine...
>
> I didn't include mine in the kernel yet, I just tested with a kldload,
> in 5.4:
>
> kldload snd_emu10k1
>
> from /var/log/messages:
> May 16 18:31:34 bsdmoose kernel: pcm0: <Creative Audigy (EMU10K2)> port
> 0xa000-0xa01f irq 18 at device 13.0 on pci0
> May 16 18:31:34 bsdmoose kernel: pcm0: <SigmaTel STAC9721/23 AC97 Codec>
>
> bsdmoose# kldstat
> Id Refs Address    Size     Name
> 1    9 0xc0400000 5dde24   kernel
> 2   14 0xc09de000 56270    acpi.ko
> 3    1 0xc1e67000 17000    linux.ko
> 4    1 0xc298a000 6000     snd_emu10k1.ko
> 5    1 0xc2990000 18000    sound.ko

OK, some ideas

1) for several reasons, leave it as a module,  If this isn's crazy
enough for you, some softrware actually goes looking for the module, and
assumes no one in their right mind would compile in sound support (truth!)

2) if you have two PCs, like me, using a keyboard A/B swtich, the kind
with 3 switched RCA jacks (you can buy such at Radio Shack cheaply)
works particularly well for the Audigy, because you use the connection
that was intended for your video can be instead used for the Audigy's
digital port (it's the very bottom connection, the one furthest from the
  plane created by the motherboard), so that lets you switch both analog
audio *AND* digital audio with a single button-push.