Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Tue May 17 11:44:38 PDT 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:29:26 -0700
Matt Crossley <moose at freebsdfreaks.net> wrote:
> Ariff Abdullah wrote:
>
> > Audigy *LS* is not the same *Audigy* like other Audigy series,
> >
> >it use different chipset, and unfortunately, not supported in
> >current emu10k driver.
> >
> >--
> >
> >Ariff Abdullah
> >MyBSD
> >

> Ah! My mistake. I'm not really up to date on the latest sound cards
> or  video stuff. :)
>
> It also doesn't look like the emu10kx driver supports them either.
> From  the Changelog:
>
> 09-10-2004
>         1. Remove Audigy LS and Audigy 2 Value from list of
>         supported cards. They are too different from SB
>         Live!/Audigy, according to their
> Linux
>         driver.
>

> Oh well.
>
> Matt

:)

By the way, Fafa, (currently) your best bet is to go with binary
driver from http://www.opensound.com/ . It's free for personal use. I
have myself an Audigy LS, I'll see what I can do with it later.

--

Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD

http://www.MyBSD.org.my (IPv6/IPv4)