5.4 install disc1 will not find hard drive

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue May 17 09:04:34 PDT 2005

This is not an cable problem.
I can use the 5.3 cdrom and the install goes with out a problem.
But when I use the 5.4 cdrom on the same PC I get error message no
hard drive found.
Then I use the 5.3 cdrom again on the same PC and the install goes
with out a problem.
I have re-downloaded the 5.4 disc1.iso file, run md5 to verify it
good then burned it to cdrom for the second time and still it will
not work.

If it was HD cable problem I would get same error on both 5.3 and
5.4.

Even tried building the bootable floppies from yesterdays 20050516
snapshot for 5.4 and it also gave "no disk found" error.

Is this a bug with 5.4 and should I submit a bug report.

I am open to any other ideas of how to debug this or work around
this.