How to replace words in all files?

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Fri May 13 02:29:06 PDT 2005

Hello!

I have a bunch of configuration files which all contain the word,
or the reference to, my dysfunctional network interface lnc0. I used
to have this simple script -- to replace a word in all ASCII files
containing it -- with another word. In this case, I need to replace
the string `lnc0' with `rl0' in all my configuration files. And is
it possible having this script tell me what files it modified?

I promise I'll write it down this time :)
And be generous on handing it back out to the society!

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz
  Research Designer @ http://www.home.no/barbershop