ports backup corrupted windows

Graham North graham.north at telus.net
Mon May 9 22:47:06 PDT 2005

Okay, I know it sounds daft and I hope that it is not too far out there....
Some time ago when loading a new FreeBSD, I decided to back up the ports
collection onto my Windows XP hardrive.

Today, I decided to blow it away - but it won't go!  It  moved from C:
drive to the recycle bin, and most got emptied out however some (97.2MB)
is "sticking".    No matter that I try to "empty recycle bin" it gives
me a message "cannot remove folder prn:  The parameter is incorrect.
Everyting else in the bin was emptied but now the recycle bin seems
broken when I try to delete other files - it is really weird.   Could
some set of Unix file permissions have thrown the Windows box for a loop?
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks,  Graham/