Mailinglist privacy: MY NAME ALL OVER GOOGLE!

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 8 01:46:14 PDT 2005

Bart Silverstrim writes:

> Nope, because that assumes I have permission to quote ahead of time and
> I'd have an archive in my sent mail (and trash items) for a period of
> time that you didn't explicitly allow.

No, it does not.  It does not extend the publication of your message
beyond the circle of existing subscribers, and it is only a partial
backquote, which falls within the scope of fair use (in the U.S., and in
some other countries).  What you keep personally archived is irrelevant,
since you legitimately received the message to begin with--although
having it archived doesn't mean that you can republish the message in
other venues.

> Otherwise, I'm screwed legally because I'd be violating your IP rights
> and copyright.

No.  See above.

--
Anthony