Mailinglist privacy: MY NAME ALL OVER GOOGLE!

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 8 01:39:23 PDT 2005

Joshua Tinnin writes:

> You live life your way. Let others do the same.

They can do whatever they want, as long as they don't infringe upon my
own rights.

> I do not live my life in fear, but nor do I live it in an uninformed manner.

Fear has nothing to do with it.  It's a question of conscience, ethics,
and the Golden Rule.

> If you're serious about this, complaining to the main FreeBSD tech help
> list won't change anything. You need to do a massive, worldwide
> campaign.

A single lawsuit could close down FreeBSD by eliminating most of its
assets.  I wouldn't want to see that happen.  It's unfortunate that some
people are stupid enough and stubborn enough to put the entire project
at risk.

> ... you can always unsubscribe ...

I've been considering that, since I don't really get much out of the
list.  I almost never get a useful answer to a question, for example.
But there is nothing else when it comes to FreeBSD--one of the
consequences of it being open-source.

--
Anthony