Mailinglist privacy: MY NAME ALL OVER GOOGLE!

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat May 7 16:08:31 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 04:05:09PM +0100, Chris Hodgins wrote:
> This keeps coming up time and time again.  Why don't we simply put up
> a message on the subscription page that says if you subscribe you
> agree that your messages will be archived for public viewing.  End of
> story.  No more bitchy emails on this subject, no more heated debates
> and much more time devoted to talking about FreeBSD.

I agree with the outline of you message. But it does mather where the
text is placed. Someone else can also subscribe you. In such cases the
text is bypassed. Isn't there a mail send that you need to confirm. One
can reasanably asume that the owner have read this. The text it self of
a link to it whould be wise IMHO.