Mailinglist privacy: MY NAME ALL OVER GOOGLE!

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat May 7 04:15:40 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 11:45:35AM +0200, X3K6A2 wrote:
> > Marc Fonvieille writes:
>
> >> All, and I said "All", mailing list subscribing forms mention their
> >> archives ("To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit
> >> the freebsd-blahblah Archives.").  It is impossible to miss it.
>
> > Then why do so many forms require that you tick a checkbox to assert
> > that you've read and accepted the terms on the page?
>
> > In any case, nothing like that exists for FreeBSD lists.
>
> To make sure, that even the most dangerous people, to the society accept
> the fact, that they need to think for them self.

How can one logicaly conclude that a message they send to the list is
included in google and other websites?

The damage of a lawsuite can be large to the BSD society. Just look at
what happend when the AT&T and BSD where involved in one. Is this one
reason realy that strong to risk this?

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.
WWW: http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/