What is --- WRONG --- with my network?

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Sat May 7 03:42:46 PDT 2005

Hey!

> Offlist because this sounds like a general networking thing rather than
> anything fbsd-specific.

Alright. But just incase though ...

> Name resolution of nextgentel.{com,net} looks ok from here, if those IP
> addresses are accurate. When you say your nameserver is broken, what
> exactly do you mean by that? What's the evidence?

I know this sounds very strange;
but I mean that everything depending on my nameserver doesn't work.

I cannot visit http://www.example.com although apache2 is running.
I cannot receive e-mails to fafa at example.com although postfix is running.
I cannot SSH to ninja.example.com although my sshd is running.
I cannot FTP to ninja.example.com although the internal ftpd is running.

That's for the incoming.

For the outgoing, I can browse the WWW and make SSH/FTP connections
to certain sites (sites which don't try to resolve my IP).

Thanks, Jan.

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz
  Research Designer @ http://www.home.no/barbershop